Sunday, September 11, 2005

Range Report

Well, I just got back from the emergency room. The doctors said there's nothing they can do. I'm going to have to wait for this shit-eating grin to go away on its own.

I took the new Ruger out to the range this afternoon for her maiden voyage. She did not disappoint. I'll spare you the details, and let the pictures do the talking - they are, after all, worth 1,000 words apiece. So, without further ado...

mAss Backwards 9/11 Range Report:
Billionaire Islamic Terrorist Scumbag Edition



This is but one of the half dozen or so targets of this nature we went through today. I saved this one as it contains the result of my "Old vs. New" test, pitting my new Ruger P345 against this drool-worthy specimen of .45-caliber happiness (thanks to Jay for sharing this treasure).



The "flyers", if you can call them that, came from the 1911. Granted it was the first magazine I had ever shot through it (as opposed to maybe the 5th or so I had ever shot out of the Ruger), so this is by no means a definitive comparison of the two firearms' capabilities.

I guess more hands-on experimentation is in order.

Damn.

Twist my arm.

Jay has more here, to which I would like to add a hearty "Amen, brother!".