Sunday, December 18, 2005

Another Stray Puppy Followed Me Home

Just got back from the gun show in Salem, New Hampshire.

When I have more time, I'll post a copy of the thank-you letter I plan on sending to Boston Globe columnist, Steve Bailey. Were it not for his moronic, anti-gun screed published in the Globe a few weeks back, I never would have heard of the show and would have missed out of this.

Remington 870 Express Magnum shotgun - 12 ga.
Gorgeous wood - barely used.
(click for larger image)

The guys at Stateline Guns, Ammo & Archery (Plaistow, NH) had it tagged for $279, with the special "Christmas price" of $240. After browsing around and contemplating an old Marlin 60 (.22LR) for $79, I came back and had another "look" at the Remington.

When the "Santa Discount" price reached $225, a strange, magical power overtook my wallet and levitated my credit card right across the table. It was really quite the supernatural phenomenon to behold.

Merry Christmas to me! And a big thank-you to Steve Bailey of the Boston Globe.

As I looked around the room, it became quite apparent what Steve Bailey was so fearful of as he was doing his "research" for his column - a large room full of American citizens wearing patriotic emblems on their clothes, many openly expressing their love for our nation and her armed forces...and smiling.

Oh, the humanity!

UPDATE: The angled view was making her look longer than she is. Here's the side view.