Friday, April 30, 2004

Dirty Harry

With the Red Sox/Rangers game in a rain delay, I was channel surfing for something to watch tonight. After blowing through the 100 or so channels at my disposal, I came across the all-time classic, "Dirty Harry", the debut of Inspector Harry Callahan, the character exquisitely portrayed by Clint Eastwood. GOOD stuff.

So many good lines from this one, in addition to the oft-quoted "Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?". One of my favorites:
    [Harry Callahan has to explain why he shot a man]
    Harry Callahan: Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
    [walks out of the room]
    The Mayor: He's got a point.
More "Dirty Harry" quotes here