Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Mumbles and Morons - part II

Yes, there's more. As a follow-up to my previous post comes this story about one of those poor, sweet little college boys who decided to tear the shit out of the city following the Pats' Super Bowl win this year. Priceless stuff.
    Dan Rosquette said it all began as a peaceful celebration of the New England Patriots Super Bowl victory by hundreds of Northeastern students, but the next thing he knew he was stomping on top of someone's car on Symphony Road because he "got caught up in the moment."
The NEXT thing he knew? That sentence implies prior brainwave activity. Jury's still out on that one.
    "You all have seen me on the tape. I'm the one with the green hat and yellow jacket on top of a car," he said. "I wasn't thinking. I was like, this is fun."
Yeah, like, OK, and you're like, a total dipshit.
    Six Northeastern students caught on tape or in photographs damaging cars and property during a riotous post Super Bowl celebration early Feb. 2 are expected to learn tomorrow whether they'll be charged in Roxbury District Court with malicious destruction of property.

    James Grabowski, 21, of West Newbury was killed during the bedlam, when he and three other young men were run down by a speeding SUV.

    Stanley Filoma of Mattapan is facing drunken driving and motor vehicle homicide charges.

    "I didn't think I'd get caught," Rosquette, 20, said yesterday before a hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to bring charges against him and the other students.
What? You didn't think you would ever be held responsible for your actions? What kind of fantasy land do you live in, asshole?
    "It started out as a celebration and the next thing I know, I'm damaging someone's property. I wish I could take things back."
No, fuckface, it started out as a celebration, and you made the conscious choice to destroy someone else's property. And screw this "the next thing I knew" crap. What, did the riot fairy sprinkle you with dumbass dust and plop you down on top of the overturned car?
    Rosquette, a sophomore from Maine, was expelled from Northeastern for violating the school's student code of conduct.

    "Those actions represent a mistake I made, not who I am," he said.
Boo...hoo.
    The overturned car belonged to Nicole Vazeos.

    "When I was a student, I didn't do anything like that," she said outside the hearing room. "As students, they should have known better."
As members of the human race, they should have known better.
    Another person whose vehicle was smashed thinks the students may have learned their lesson.

    "I think that going through this public humiliation and paying restitution is enough," said Zachary Berk, 24, a law student at Northeastern. Berk said the cost of repairing his Jeep was more than $4,000.
Aaah yes, he's the REAL victim here - spoken like a future Bay State prosecutor. Be afraid, be vary afraid.
    "I walked out of a bar excited that the Patriots had won. Then I saw what they did to my car and my celebrating was over,'' Berk said.

    John Tangusso, the attorney for Justin Bachman, 22, said his client also got caught up in the moment.

    "He got swept up in a terrible situation and his life has been turned upside down. He's a good student,'' he said.
The Unabomber was a good student, what's your point? I was watching the live broadcast from U-Conn on the news last night while working on this. They interviewed some of these "good students". Not one of them displayed anything resembling respect for the law or their community. Be afraid.