Tuesday, June 01, 2004

All good things come to an end

And long weekends are no exception. Posting will now resume to its pre-holiday levels. I hope you all had a good Memorial Day weekend. Mine started off with a trip to the gun range. Nothing like shooting guns in Teddy Kennedy's backyard to remember those who took up arms and made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our country and our way of life.

This was my second range outing (shooting a S&W .38 revolver) in preparation for the range test required by the City of Boston as part of the LTC (License to Carry) application process. Not a bad day over all. Had a couple good targets at 15 yards (I'll post them when I get a chance). 12/12 inside the 7-ring (6"), and 8/12 inside the 9-ring.



Saturday was opening day of the grilling season at our house. Two big racks of spareribs from Costco slow cooked over charcoal and hickory wood for 2-1/2 hours, and a big pack of drumsticks in a citrus-rosemary marinade. Corn bread, corn on the cob, Concord IPA and Long Trail Ale rounded out the menu. Mmmmm...pork.

Sunday, we were invited to our tenants' cookout. This marked the first time our twin girls (they turn two this month) experienced the joy of hot dogs. They absolutely devoured them.

Monday had me cleaning out the garage/workshop, well, starting the cleaning process anyway. Where did all this crap come from? Normally, I could live with the clutter, but seeing as my workshop does double-duty as my poker room, a little housekeeping is in order.

Now it's back to work. Got lots to catch up on.