Monday, November 29, 2004

Oh...I thought you said JIM Beam.

So, we had our steel topping out ceremony today on the project I'm working on. This is where the final steel beam to be erected is painted white, signed by all the project personnel, decked out with an evergreen tree and an American flag hand hoisted into place.

Naturally, these events draw the local muckety-mucks like bees to honey. The "Honorable" Mayor Thomas M. Menino was there as well as our senior swimmer senator, Ted Kennedy.

And of course, the masses of people surrounding the event all thought they were watching the second incarnation of Christ as Kennedy signed his name on the beam in front of all the local news cameras.

"I...uh...thought we'd be...uh...hoisting a JIM Beam."


As much fun as all this was (not), I had better things to do. My Jeep was in dire need of having its new stickers from Life Liberty etc. applied. I got them in the mail over the weekend, the oval "RKBA" sticker to go with my "Peace Through Superior Firepower" sticker on the back.



And the "Subdued Desert" American flag stickers for the front quarterpanels - reverse design for the right-hand side, of course.