Monday, April 04, 2005

Not To Mention The Scratchiness

Courtesy of Power Line, reason #34,229 why I wouldn't wipe my ass or blow my nose (and certainly not in that order) with the pages of the New York Times [anagram: monkeys write].

UPDATE (in the interest of fair and balanced blogging):

It seems a small cadre of winged primates has found its way to daylight from the confines of my rectum and has taken flight. The New York Times actually ran a piece favorable to the concealed carrying of firearms by law-abiding citizens. Though I can't say I'm holding my breath for the Boston Globe to pick up the baton and run with it on this matter.

Via Say Uncle (registration required for NYT online):

Shootings Fuel a Drive to Ease Gun Laws

Paul Bucher, the district attorney for the Wisconsin county where a man opened fire in a church service last month, killing seven people and himself, has one answer to the deadly mass shootings around the country in recent weeks: more guns.

"The problems aren’t the guns, it’s the guns in the wrong hands," said Mr. Bucher, a Republican who recently announced his candidacy for Wisconsin attorney general. "We need to put more guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Whether having that would have changed what happened is all speculation, but it would level the playing field. If the person you’re fighting has a gun and all you have is your fists, you lose."


OK, so maybe I'll reconsider the "blow my nose" portion of the comments made at the top of this post.