Friday, July 29, 2005

The Neighborhood Bully

Mayor puts on $queeze: Challenger to fund run with house

Backed into a fund-raising corner by what she called heavy-handed campaign tactics by Mayor Thomas M. Menino, challenger Maura Hennigan said she is betting the house – literally – on her longshot bid.

"Because of the chill factor that he has sent out, people who have contributed to me historically have been called and talked to...to not contribute," Hennigan said.


As I've said before, I doubt you could slip a piece of tissue paper into the ideological gap between the two, but I would love to see Mumbles beaten at his own game. Unfortunately, for that to happen, City Councilor Hennigan needs to come out swinging...HARD! That's how you beat a bully.

You don't debate, you attack.

Hmmmm...I wonder if she's looking to hire a campaign manager.