Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Winning Formula

Ten minutes into the new and improved Knight Rider, and so far, it seems like a cross between Baywatch (minus David Hasselhoff) and the original Knight Rider (minus David Hasselhoff).

So, two thumbs up, for now.

UPDATE: I feel compelled to state, for the record, that I did not watch all two hours of it. NOt even close. I tuned in here and there to see if anything overly cheesy was going to happen.

I was not disappointed.

Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoy a good piece of of cheeseball TV as much as the next guy. And, I have no problem buying into such devices as the scratch-proof "super-alloy" coating on the new and improved KITT. I can suspend my disbelief with the best of them.

Like, in the chase scene near the end of the show, when KITT gets t-boned by the SUV on the highway, I'm OK with the part about KITT not getting damaged. That's what a super-alloy coating will do for you. Duh.

But, the part where KITT's tires don't so much as leave the ground on impact.

That's some serious anti-Newtonian fromage.

Let's just hope the mercs from "Blackriver" (any resemblance to any other private security firms operating in the Middle East is purely coincidental) don't get their hands on that technology.

All in all, to paraphrase Garth Algar, if that show were a president it would be Abraham Lame.