Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Boston's Finest

I saw this BPDNews.com post linked by Adam at Universal Hub, but never felt like clicking over to read the rest of it.

Excerpt (emphasis mine):

During the search, officers recovered over 150 pills (white, yellow, blue, green, pink in color), over 200 grams of cocaine, an undisclosed amount of crack cocaine, an undisclosed amount of marijuana, 3 firearms (2 pistols and an AK-47 machine gun), ammunition and a stun gun. As a result of the items found, officers arrested Rick Joyce, 37, of South Boston and charged him with Trafficking Class B Drug, Possession with Intent to Distribute Class B, C and D Drugs, Possession of Machine Gun, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm (2 counts), Possession of Ammunition and the Possession of a Stun Gun.


So, needless to say, I wasn't planning on posting anything about it. That is, until reader Greg L. sent me an e-mail with this Boston Police Department photograph attached.

(click to enlarge)

Uh-huh.

Their in-house firearms expert, Ray Mosher, must be on the case.

UPDATE: I stand corrected, maybe.

Looks like an Armscor AK 47/22. I've seen one before, but that magazine well threw me for a loop. That's what I get for blogging under the influence of Smuttynose IPA.