Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Mmmm...Food Blogging Time

Not since everyone's favorite mailman Cliff Clavin tried to convince the folks at Cheers that he had grown a potato that looked just like Richard Nixon, has the world been treated to such an agricultural oddity.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Eggplant Monkey.



I'd name it Barack, but that would be racist an insult to monkeys (not to mention, eggplants).

And, from the bizarre to the ridiculously delicious, here's the "before" shot of the caramelized onion pizza I made tonight with onions and tomatoes from our local CSA farm (from whence Eggplant Monkey came).



Though, the chicken, mushrooms, pizza dough, and the olive oil I drizzled across the top all came from big, bad Wal-Mart.

And, if it weren't so damn tasty, that might mean something to me.