Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quick Favor To Ask

Sorry for the short notice, but does anyone in the area (anywhere between NH seacoast and Portland, ME) have a metal detector I could borrow for a day? Preferably one that's good at locating small, circular objects made out of platinum and gold.

UPDATE: OK, here's the scoop. A week ago Sunday, I was playing with the girls in the big pile of leaves we had raked up at my parents' house in Maine. My wife decided to take a few pics and videos of the ensuing frivolity.

Here are a couple stills from two video clips, taken at 11:50 AM and 11:55 AM, respectively. Let's play "Spot the Difference"!



UPDATE (11/12/08): A big thank you going out once again to reader "Wally" who was kind enough to lend me his metal detector this morning. Took me all of 30 seconds or so to find the ring buried under the leaves.

Back in the big bed!

Now, to get the damn thing resized.

Since dropping 20+ pounds from my pre-Daddy days, it's been somewhat loose-fitting...obviously. In fact, the reason it's on my right hand, as you can see in the pics above, is that my left ring finger is skinnier that my right one.

It will be nice to be able to wear it on my left hand once again. It gets pretty uncomfortable against the grip on the Ruger.