Friday, June 04, 2010

Looking Forward

After 2,276 days, 4,936 blog posts, and more than 1.3 million site visits, the time has come to close up shop here at No Looking Backwards and hang up my blogger's hat. When I started writing what was then mAss Backwards back in March of 2004, I had no idea how long it would last, or how many people would find it the least bit interesting.

Well, a whole bunch of you did, and for that I am grateful (and, yes, still a little awestruck). It's been a genuine privilege keeping this blog up and running all these years, and I'm glad others have enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

I started blogging as a therapeutic means of venting my frustration at local (and national) politicians and their penchant for taxpayer-funded malfeasance, after having experienced first-hand the level of disdain for individual liberty (not to mention, common decency) held by many in elected positions of power.

And, as they say, the rest is history.

I want to thank you all for having taken the time to poke your head in, read what I've had to say, and participate in the conversation. Over the last six years, I've had the pleasure of meeting, through this website and others, some of the nicest and most down-to-earth folks I've ever known.

For those of you who have been regular readers of mine over the years, rest assured, you haven't heard or seen the last of me. For as one chapter ends, a new one soon begins.

The days of sitting on the sidelines are over. It's time for me to stop talking about the good, the bad, and the ugly - where our state (and federal) government is concerned - and start doing something about it. It's time to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. Time to live up to the name "No Looking Backwards" and set my sights forward.

New Hampshire is at a crossroads, with our future and our children's future dependent upon which road we choose to travel.

I'm choosing to continue in my efforts to rescue New Hampshire (and our country) from the destructive forces of big government, runaway taxation, special interest-driven politics, and reckless spending.

My name is Bruce MacMahon and I am hereby (as of 3:15 this afternoon) declaring my candidacy for New Hampshire State Representative in District 10 of Rockingham County.

I have decided to leave my blog intact for anyone who wants to read through my archives and learn more about my perspective on life, liberty and the pursuit of the perfect pint of Guinness.

If you're just stopping by for the first time, pull up a chair and have a look around. Be warned, my writing has been described at times as somewhat coarse, though it's nothing that wouldn’t garner the Joe “This a f***ing big deal.” Biden seal of approval.

My official website, www.bruceforstaterep.com, will be up and running some time this weekend (be sure to check out the "Donate" page when you get there - wink, wink).

Facebook users can find me here. Become a fan today and become part of the conversation. Twitterers (tweeters?) can follow my tweets (twits?) @ Bruce_MacMahon.

See you 'round.

Last one out, kill the lights and pull the door closed behind you when you leave.

Thanks.

- Bruce