Tuesday, September 14, 2004

From the Boston Sunday Globe

Back on Thursday, as Rathergate floodgates were breaking wide open, I said the following:

"As usual, I won't be holding my breath for a front page retraction from the Boston Globe. I mean it's not like this information can't be pulled up in a matter if minutes by any 12-year-old with an internet connection."

Well, in the interest of fair and balanced blogging, here is the Globe's front-page "retraction". (image "borrowed" from jjdaley.com)

Original story, page A1. Follow-up story stating that the original story MIGHT be full of crap, page A29. Can't say I'm surprised at the placement of the article, but I will give the Globe partial credit for even running it in the first place.

And with the Washington Post now joining the ranks of the media rats evacuating the S.S. Rather, things are looking pretty bleak for Captain Dan.