Monday, October 18, 2004

Home Sweet Home

Well, I'm officially back from vacation, back to the working world once again. All good things must come to an end, they say. There's a lot to catch up on. We should be back to our regularly scheduled blogging shortly. I've just got a handful more of my daily-read blogs to check in on and just a few bits of hate mail left to peruse.

One item I want to bring up is this quote from our junior senator, John "Yes, I am THIS stupid" Kerry, from his recent New York Times Magazine interview:

We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance.


SKerry stuff, huh, kids?

From Kevin at Smallest Minority, comes this link to James Lileks' take on this latest bit of idiocy to roll across Kerry's elitist lips (scroll down). This saves me from typing the exact same thing that came to mind when I heard this quote as well.

Mosquito bites are a nuisance. Cable outages are a nuisance. Someone shooting up a school in Montana or California or Maine on behalf of the brave martyrs of Fallujah isn't a nuisance. It's war.


Yep.