Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Prepare for Re-entry

OK, it seems the post-election cranial cobwebs have cleared. I'm now ready to resume my "normal" blogging schedule. Stay tuned for more "Crappy 80's Music", "Local Loozahs", "Adventures of Gadgetman", and "Massachusetts Gun Control Success Stories" posts in the immediate future.

Here's one such "Local Loozahs" bit from the Boston Herald that caught my attention yesterday, with the woman involved living in my neighborhood.

When (Officers) Brown and Estepe approached the Subaru's driver, Anne Marie Carpenter, her cellphone rang, police said, and she told them, "I'm taking this phone call. Wait your turn."


Strike one.

When the officers asked to speak with her again, she allegedly yelled obscenities at them. The officers then asked her to stand on the sidewalk for her safety, police said, and she told them, "Go (expletive) yourself. I'll do what I want. I've been around for a long time."


Strike two.

She also refused to take a sobriety test despite stumbling when she tried to walk, police said. After a brief struggle, the officers managed to handcuff her and drive her to District 14, where, to add insult to injury, she vomited on them.


Game over. Thank you for playing.