Tuesday, November 02, 2004

E-Day

At long last, the wait is over. Election Day is upon us. I'll be casting my vote for President Bush after work today. Do I think Bush is the best man for the job? Hardly. But, I'd sooner floss my teeth with a razor blade than vote for that total fraud sitting atop the Democratic ticket this time around.

Here is my official prediction:

George W. Bush will win the Electoral College with 281 to 285 votes. The popular vote will split nearly down the middle with Bush prevailing by a margin of roughly 1.5 percentage points, but not to exceed 50% of the total vote (49.8% - 48.3%), gotta give Michael Moore some good material to work with.

What will be the deciding factor? The overlap of the "Anybody But Bush" voting block and the "Playstation Deadbeat Slacker" population. This group will be staying home today in large numbers, tipping the scales in favor of the President.

Further, I think a good portion of the ABB crowd has recently been converted to the "Anybody But Bush OR Kerry" stay-at-home non-voting block, perfectly content to sit this one out and see what happens come 2008.

For entertainment purposes, I hope Bush wins this thing by the thinnest of margins. Just to watch the fringe left go apeshit, and to see if Kerry would do the right thing and call off the legal hounds and concede the race to President (once again) Bush.

UPDATE: Just heard this Kerry soundbite on the radio:

Are you ready to move America in a nude erection?


Not very presidential if you ask me.