Thursday, January 06, 2005

Poker? I Hardly Know Her

Well, after a long hiatus, we finally have a poker game scheduled for Friday night. Back in the day, my friends and I used to play once-a-week - RELIGIOUSLY. We started out playing with whatever change we could scrounge up, which resulted in everyone showing up with Crown Royal bags or tube socks full of nickels, dimes, and quarters.

Those days are gone and we actually play with poker chips and real money now. Who knew poker chips could be so convenient for playing poker with? We went from an old cookie tin filled with assorted cheapo plastic poker chips to a set of better quality plastic chips that I keep in my garage/poker room.

So, tonight I'm buying myself a late Christmas present. Costco has this set for $59.99 (if there are any left). 500 chips (11.5g) in an aluminum case, with two decks of cards, and 5 dice. Just what I need in my house (not), more dice.

But, hey, the price is right. They sell on-line for anywhere from 75 to 90 bucks a set.



Here's a close-up shot.