Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Teach Your Children Well

You can rest assured that any story containing the following passage will not have a happy ending.

The gun was already there, under a couch, while people were sitting around smoking marijuana, Buso said. At some point, Welch saw the weapon and decided to try to make sure the gun did not accidentally discharge, Buso said.

Welch had no formal training in handling handguns and instead relied on what he had seen in movies...


This shithead, most likely high as a kite at the time, found a gun under a couch and decided to fuck around with it based on what he had learned at the Jarrett Barrios/B.A. Baracus School of Firearms.

Well, things didn't go as "planned" (surprise, surprise) and this fledgling rocket scientist shot his downstairs neighbor to death through her ceiling. And I know this may cause some of you to question the effectiveness of the Commonwealth's gun control laws, but Mr. Welch did not possess a state-issued License to Carry a Firearm. I know. I'm equally as shocked, believe me.

So, whom do you trust to teach your children about firearms safety? Brad Pitt? Sly Stallone? Rosie O'Donnell?

Oh, shit, I just type her name again, didn't I? Damn it! Now I have to disinfect my keyboard again.