Monday, July 04, 2005

Ten Holiday Weekend Observations

1. It was surprisingly not crowded down at Castle Island in South Boston, either yesterday or today.

2. It had been way too long since I had a hot dog from Sullivan's (and the cheeseburgers are as good as ever).

3. It is damn near impossible to buy Pabst Blue Ribbon pounders anywhere near my house.

4. If you consider slow cooking two racks of spareribs to be a worthwhile expenditure of your precious time, try four next time. I'm still picking charred shreds of pork out of my teeth.

5. Watching fireworks on TV sucks ass.

6. Hauling your ass down to the Esplanade in Boston to watch the fireworks with 7.5 billion other people sucks more ass.

7. I can't believe it's taken me this long to link to anything by Radley Balko (aka: The Agitator). Read this and this - for starters. Your tax dollars hard at work, ladies and gentlemen.

8. I'm with Kim, but it'll take a lot more than the lighting of the pyres under the mangled corpses of freedom and liberty to silence this blog, even for a moment. I suppose living in Massachusetts all these years has numbed my taste buds to the acrid bile the rest of America is now getting a bitter sampling of, courtesy of the men and women to whom we have surrendered the reins of government.

9. Going back to work after a three-day weekend, and having to go in early, to boot, is a mother.

10. I will reach 100,000 hits to this blog sometime on Tuesday. Thanks all, for visiting.

I hope you all managed to have a safe and happy Independence Day weekend with those you love (or at least those whose pants you're trying to get into).

Good night.

~ Bruce