Tuesday, July 26, 2005

What's In Your Nightstand?

OK, I'll Bite

Jay over at Toys in the Attic tagged me with this one, so I'd best reply, lest I be stricken with seven years of bad luck. Hell, I've lived in Meningrad for the last 13 years, what's another seven?

What's in your nightstand?

1. Well, for starters (with expletives deleted), an empty DAC Sportsafe pistol safe, which I purchased last December in anticipation of the City of Boston someday issuing me a License to Carry Own a Firearm. For those of you keeping score at home, it's been 90 days since I handed them my application. They're still "working on it".

Anyway, continuing with this silly exercise:

2. General Electric AM/FM clock/radio - the same one I bought right before heading off to college in the fall of 1984. This thing just won't die. It has outlived every other electronic device I own/have owned. That includes three (3) CD players, two (2) Sony Playstations, and one (1) 27" Sony XBR Trinitron television.

3. Big book of word and number puzzles

4. Mini-Maglite

5. Approximately $1.63 in loose change, mostly nickels and pennies.

6. Nail clippers

7. Probably two or three guitar picks (Fender medium)

8. One (1) "Peace Through Superior Firepower" pin (see here) - for the range bag...someday (grrrr!)

9. A slew of old receipts and ATM slips, which for some strange, inexplicable reason, I am unable to throw away.

10. A small handful of plastic "pirate's treasure" coins that one of my daughters enjoys sliding through the crack at the top of the drawer.

There, wasn't that exciting?

And now I'll follow Jed's lead:

The usual blogmeme thing is that I'm supposed to "tag" 5 other bloggers with it. Well ... nevermind. If you're a blogger and you haven't done it yet, consider yourself tagged, and post away.