Sunday, January 22, 2006

2006 Gun Blogger Awards

Q: What do you get when you combine freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, and the freedom of personal choice?

A: The 2006 Gun Blog Awards (aka: The Gunnies)

Countertop has the scoop:

As originally proposed back on January 7th, I have decided to organize The Gunnies, a web poll to determine the blogsphere's favorite gun bloggers as of the beginning of 2006. Jeff Soyer was the first (or at least the first I stumbled across) to notice that The Bloggies had once again decided to snub one of the largest and most diversified segments of the blogsphere - the Gun Bloggers.


While, I normally don't get too wrapped up in these on-line popularity contests, this one's slightly different. Translation: I was nominted for the category of "Best Rants", so get your ass over there and vote for me...or the puppy dies!

Thanks much. And thanks for nominating me, your humble narrator, for this prestigious honor (Nobel, schmobel!). It's nice to know I'm not writing all this crap for nuthin'.

Disclaimer: No actual puppies were harmed (yet) in the writing of this post.

UPDATE: For the record, I still think these polls are kinda silly. But, if it gets more people to read my blog (and the others nominated) and gain some insight into the ongoing erosion of the rights of all Americans being facilitated by those at both ends of the political spectrum, then by all means, have at it. And thanks for your vote.