Thursday, September 06, 2007

Help Me Get Some Haggis...Please

Alternate Post Title: All Kilted Up With Nowhere To Go

So, I told myself last year, as our move to New Hampshire was becoming a done deal, that I would definitely be attending this year's New Hampshire Highland Games up at Loon Mountain.

The New Hampshire Highland Games, the largest Scottish cultural festival in the Northeast, is presented by The New Hampshire Gathering of the Scottish Clans, Inc., a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the furtherance of the music, dance, athletics and customs of the Scottish people and to the continuance of the Gaelic culture.


The festivities kick off two weeks from tomorrow, but unfortunately, our current financial situation might have me waiting for next year's festivities. It's $45 for the weekend pass, plus food, drink, and a place to crash for the night (or nights) that won't require me to attempt to drive after much gratuitous scotch "tasting".

"Good God, but that's a worthy cause! How can we help?"

Glad you asked.

1. For the next two weeks, I'll be running yet another "Ten for Ten" sale on my popular line of "Reality in Black & White" bumper stickers. Send $10 via Paypal to my bloge-mail address in the right-hand sidebar, indicating how many of each sticker you'd like (as long as it adds up to ten), along with the code word "HAGGIS", and I'll send them off to you as soon as I can.

2. The old mAss Backwards Cafepress store is still open, of course.

3. And last, but not least, my newest offering:


Available here.

If I can come up with $200 before the 21st, I might be able to swing it (I do get awfully thirsty at this kind of event). 300 bucks, and it's a done deal.

Pass the word, and thanks much.

UPDATE: Hat tip to commenter emdfl for the inspiration.