Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How Can You Tell When Hillary Is Lying?

She says something as blatantly untrue as this.

"I support the Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns[.]"


15,002.

That's how many yesterdays ago I was born, you manipulative, corrupt, vengeful, lying bitch.

Now, I suspect the reporter from the Des Moines Register just didn't hear her full response. So, what do you suppose she really said? Take your pick from the choices below, or offer your own alternatives in the comments.

"I support the Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns. [They shouldn't be able to load them or use them in any manner, but if they want to get one for the purpose of turning it into a lamp or an ornamental doorstop, I suppose that would be OK]."
"I support the Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns, [as long as those citizens are currently employed by an agency charged with providing me and my family with a 24 hour-a-day, armed security detail]."
"I support the Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns, [just not any kind of gun designed, manufactured, or marketed at anytime in the last 160 years]."
"I support the Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns, [just so long as I get to dictate what those laws are]."
"I support the Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns, [but that hardly matters, as I'll simply see to it that they can't]."
"I support the Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns, [and the federal government should have unlimited authority to forcefully seize said guns at any time, for any reason, without due compensation]."
"I support the Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns, [but that's contingent, of course, on my future success at getting a law passed that will automatically revoke the citizenship of any American found to be lawfully possessing a firearm]."
"I support the Second Amendment. Law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns. [Rich, powerful, law-abiding citizens who can funnel hundreds of thousands of dollars into my campaign coffers through the blatant exploitation of the less fortunate among us, that is]."


(link via Jeff, who's celebrating Bloggiversay #5 today)