Sunday, October 21, 2007

How To Ruin a Young Life...

...in zero (tolerance) easy steps.

A Berkeley County student is kicked out of school for bringing a butter knife to campus.
"I know I made a really stupid decision but I don't think I should be expelled for it."

Amber Dauge says that stupid decision was taking a butter knife to school. Amber ran out of the house to meet the bus while making a sandwich. When she realized she had the knife, she put it in her bookbag..then put it in her locker at Goose creek High school. She forgot it was there...until a few weeks later ..when the knife fell out of her overstuffed locker.

"A kid behind me yelled out a comment that I was going to stab someone with the knife and everyone started laughing and the teacher saw it", Amber told us.

The teacher told the principal and Amber was suspended and recommended for expulsion.

She attended an expulsion hearing last Thursday..and it was made official.


Not that this advice will be of any use to her now, but all she had to say was she brought the knife to school to help her jimmy open her birth control pill dispenser and she'd have walked away scot-free.

(link via Say Anything)