Saturday, December 01, 2007

#$%&@ Internet Pricing

So, I was all set to pull the trigger on the Sony TV today. I was going to buy it online from Circuit City and pick it up at the Portsmouth store tomorrow morning. It was on sale for $1,499.99 (about $50 more than Amazon - worth the extra dough to get it locally, IMO).

But, of course, yesterday I heard an ad on the radio for another local retailer that's having a big two-day sale this weekend. I decided to see what they were asking for the TV. They were $200 higher than Circuit City.

Just when I was about to call them back to see if they'd match or beat Circuit City's sale price, the sale price had disappeared from the Circuit City website, and the TV's back up to $1,899.

Just gotta listen to the voice in my head saying, "Patience, Grasshopper, the lower price will return."