Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Death of Common Sense (cont.)

Hey, pal! Your kid could poke someone's eye out with that.

So, my phone rings Friday afternoon. It's the vice principal from my son's school saying that he needs to discuss a serious situation about my son. When I asked him what was going on, he tells me that a pen bearing a Glock logo is forbidden by school policy and that I need to come and pick up my son because there is a manditory 3 day suspension because of the violation.


Found that link posted in the comments to this equally asinine story over at Radley Balko's place.

Mr. Ortiz said the family’s ordeal began Oct. 19, when his son picked up a bottle of hand sanitizer from the desk of his fifth-period reading teacher at Killian Middle School in Lewisville. He rubbed the gel on his hands and smelled it.


You can pretty much guess what happened next.

Meanwhile, in the gun-free paradise we call the United Kingdom.

A father of three was murdered after going to a neighbour's house to retrieve his son's football.

David Martin was allegedly stabbed with a samurai sword and a knife then bludgeoned round the head with a golf club.


Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to count my blessings.

(links #2 and #3 via Say Uncle)