Sunday, June 29, 2008

What Was I Thinking?

I don't know why I bothered changing the wording in the quote from San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom in this earlier post. His actual words were positively fiskworthy on their own merits without my having to help them along.

Here's what Tinpot Newsom actually said:

"I can't for the life of me sit back and roll over on this. We will absolutely defend the rights of the housing authority."


Again, I wish I was making this up.

I guess that's what the good "progressives" of San Francisco look for in a leader, someone willing to stand up and fight for the "rights" of bureaucratic government agencies, and protect those rights from being infringed upon by a bunch of meddling, second-class citizens.

So what if some of those citizens end up getting their heads beaten in by pipe-wielding bigots? This is about principles, dammit!