Sunday, September 07, 2008

Understatement of the 2008 Campaign Season

I guess it all depends on one's definition of think.

Still, Obama said he wouldn’t want to go head-to-head with Palin in another sport: target shooting.

"I know she’s a sharpshooter, and I know that -- I probably wouldn’t do target practice with her," he said. "I think she’d be a better shot than me."


UPDATE: Let's turn around the story linked there.

Suppose Sarah Palin had said:

"Target shooting out on the rifle range, I think I’d stand up pretty well," she said.

Still, Palin said she wouldn’t want to go head-to-head with Obama in another sport: basketball.

"I know he plays hoops on a fairly regular basis, and I know that -- I probably wouldn’t go one-on-one with him," she said. "I think he’d be a better basketball player than me."


How long would it take (please round up your answers to the nearest nanosecond) for some Obamabot in the MSM to start screaming about what a vile, racist remark that was?