Friday, November 14, 2008

What's In a Name?

Check out this post from AR15.com member "reloadfun".

Yea, they were reloads............mine, of course.............been reloading 10 years, 50,000 + loads to date with no problems. Have shot thousands through my Ruger Super Redhawk and Marlin lever action .44 mag with out a hickup. Haven't heard from smith & wesson on what to do next. Am I screwed?


Allow me to translate: "Gee, I don't understand why my AirLite blew up on me. I shoot reloads through my Super Redhawk all the time! I hope Smith & Wesson gives me a new gun."

The only thing Smith & Wesson owes this guy is a polite email saying "We're glad you're OK, dumbass."

I had the "pleasure" of shooting a couple .357 Magnum rounds out of Jay G.'s scandium/titanium snubby (emphasis on "a couple"). Remember the hobbling scene from Misery? Now, put your hand between the 4x4 and Paul Sheldon's ankle. Apply sledgehammer.

I don't think I'd ever voluntarily run reloads through one of those. That's what God invented the Ruger SP101 for.

(link via Xavier Thoughts)