Monday, December 15, 2008

Day #4 - UPDATED

Got a fresh pot of coffee on.

Going out for gas (and maybe donuts) in a little while.

As of 6:30 last night, WMUR is reporting 200,000 homes are still without power. I still haven't seen in my neighborhood any of the 500+ repair crews they say are out there.

With the exception of the raging assholes who were blowing through intersections where the traffic lights were knocked out of commission on Friday morning, folks have been very civil, helping out their neighbors as much as possible.

UPDATE: There's a vicious rumor going around the neighborhood that there was a repair crew working on the downed lines two streets over from where we are, and that power could restored some time tonight.

We shall see.

In the meantime, I'll be sitting comfortably on the couch, working on my PBR 12-pack, and watching Hancock on DVD.

UPDATE II: So much for that rumor. My generator will soon be entering its 100th hour of non-stop use. If anyone wants a recommendation for a gas-powered generator, I've got nothing but praise for my Coleman Powermate. I think I paid $599 for it at Home Depot a couple years ago.

Here's a pic of my high-tech setup.



Hooray for bungee cords!