Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Adventures of Gadgetman - Episode 3

So, as some of you know, I am in the middle of the process of applying for a Massachusetts License to carry (LTC). As I have documented quite thoroughly on this site, it is an extremely cumbersome process designed to discourage, or outright prevent, law-abiding citizens from exercising their right to armed self-defense. If you think for one second its intent is to promote safe, responsible gun ownership, or to combat violent crime, you are sorely mistaken or easily confused - pick one.

As part of the application requirements, I am drafting a letter to be included with my application stating my reason for requesting the LTC. In most normal states, the response of "All Lawful Purposes" is sufficient, but I've never accused Massachusetts of being normal. As an attachment to my letter, I will be including proof of purchase of a gun safe to demonstrate I am prepared to comply with the state's safe storage laws.

This is where you, my readers, might be of some assistance. I am considering the MiniVault and the Multivault by GunVault.

GV1000 MiniVaultGV2000 MultiVault

Does anyone out there have any experience with either of these products? I know Analog Mouse over at One Little Victory picked up one of these to keep her young 'uns away from her new Beretta. I like the anti-tampering features, as well as the security cable for securing it in the back of my vehicle for transporting purposes. I'm leaning toward the larger of the two, as it seems you get a lot more storage space for only a few extra bucks.

Any thoughts?