Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Big Papi

David Ortiz (or Manny Ortez - for those readers of mine who happen to be a junior senator from Massachusetts) does it again!


In perhaps the most thrilling and torturous postseason game in 104 years of Red Sox baseball, the Sox last night beat the Yankees, 5-4, when the mythic Ortiz singled home Johnny Damon from second base in the bottom of the 14th at 10:59 p.m. It was the longest game in League Championship Series history (5 hours 49 minutes) and came less than 23 hours after the same Ortiz cracked a walkoff homer to win Game 4 at 1:22 yesterday morning.


Sleep? We don't need no stinkin' sleep.

And I'm not the first to bring up this Michael Corleone quote from Godfather III, nor will I be the last, I suspect.

Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in.

There are some mentally exhausted, bleary-eyed, yet extremely elated and optimistic folks waking up in Red Sox Nation this morning.