Wednesday, December 15, 2004

A Little Proofreading Please

Look, I know Mayor Menino, rightfully nicknamed "Mumbles", can be a tad difficult to understand at times, but that's no excuse for this most egregious error made by the person who transcribed his recent interview with Channel 5's Natalie Jacobson.

I think it's a good idea to do something like the walk of fame. Arrowsmith, Donna Summers been down there and performed here.


OK, MAYBE there has been a theatrical version of the Sinclair Lewis novel performed there sometime in the last 79 years, but I highly doubt it. I'm gonna chalk this up to some 'foreign-born intern' or 'over-65 employee who was given some busy work to keep him away from the aforementioned interns'.

And then there's this little-known fact:

The theater district is very important to us. Look at the Opera House, how that has come back. The renovations there are truly spectacular. The new theaters down in the south end Tremont Street. The Colonial has the Nutcracker, and the Wang has the Rockets.


I have to say, I thought Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming's rendition of "La Sylphide" last year was just fabulous.