Friday, January 28, 2005

Oh, the AGONY!

To quote Lee from Right Thinking:

If this is torture, then I’m in the wrong business.


From the Monterey Herald:

AP: Gitmo Soldier Details Sexual Tactics

"His female interrogator decided that she needed to turn up the heat," Saar writes, saying she repeatedly asked the detainee who had sent him to Arizona, telling him he could "cooperate" or "have no hope whatsoever of ever leaving this place or talking to a lawyer.'"

The man closed his eyes and began to pray, Saar writes.

The female interrogator wanted to "break him," Saar adds, describing how she removed her uniform top to expose a tight-fitting T-shirt and began taunting the detainee, touching her breasts, rubbing them against the prisoner's back and commenting on his apparent erection.


Upon reading this, I could think of only two things, this...

Lancelot: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.
Galahad: I don't think I was.
Lancelot: You were, Sir Galahad. You were in terrible peril.
Galahad: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.
Lancelot: No, it's too perilous.


...and the fact that the last time I was made to suffer this kind of torture, it set me back close to 300 bucks at the Chez Paree in Montreal.