Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Rockstar: INXS - Week 5 Roundup

Spoons sums up last night's episode quite handily.

My comments:

I'm finding it hard to disagree with anything you wrote. As for "the skirt", men have conquered nations for less. Yowza! That was more like a belt with the streamers from my kids' tricycle hanging off of it. I didn't Tivo it, but I thought I clearly saw ass check hanging out.

Clear winner of the week was Marty.

Jordis, who'd been on a tear as of late, had a chance to extend her "lead" in this thing, but yeah she blew it with that version of Layla.

Rule #17 (for Jordis and Jessica): If a song was written and recorded by someone balls-deep in a heroin addiction, it should be sung as such.

As for Brandon - just go away, man. You're really not that good.

I though Ty's "No Woman, No Cry" was just OK. The band will probably give him the "reward" encore performance.


On Marty, Chris at Anarchangel begs to differ:

Marty - The Killers, "Mr. Brightside": Yaknow, Martys voice just sucks, but it wasn't that bad for this song. The balls he threw into that were jsut great. I'd love to see this guy do something a little quirky.. maybe some madness, or blur, or somthing 90's angst rockish. I liked it, but I think he's gonna be on the block this week for sure.


Funny (though far from surprising) how all the exit polling has Brooke Burke's "skirt" as the clear frontrunner in this thing.

Huh huh huh...I said "polling".

UPDATE (8/11/05): Ask and I shall receive.

BRANDON BIDS ADIEU