Monday, July 10, 2006

Assclown of the Week

Homeland Security Secretary, Michael Chertoff

David at Blue Mass. Group has the story (with the scanned pic from the Globe).

In today's Globe there's a story about Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff's visit to Boston's subway system, entitled "Subways are safe, US security official says after riding T." Chertoff is quoted as saying "I would not hesitate, and I wouldn't hesitate to tell my family, to get on the subway, here or all over the country."

Next to the story the Globe ran this photograph in the print edition (but not online, for some reason):


Message: I would not hesitate to ride the subway, as long as I'm surrounded by one uniformed cop and five Secret Service guys.

Thanks for the confidence-inspiring visit, Mr. Secretary.


Bad Transit concurs.

And, from the "Just Because" file: