Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy White Male Oppressors Day!

Someone's not thinking hard enough.

Columbus Day may be the most unPC holiday of the year. That’s why I intend to celebrate it doing the most unPC thing I can think of. Working for a living.


Jay and I will have that beat by a north country mile. We'll be off to the range this afternoon to fling gratuitous quantities of lead at defenseless, innocent pieces of paper. To help us (and all of you) celebrate, Dick's Sporting Goods is having a "Buy one, get one half off" sale on ammunition this week.

And, I'll be sure to wrap up our politically incorrect celebratory activities by open carrying while I grab a six-pack of deposit-free beer at the gas station (on a holiday, no less) on the way home. Might even leave my seat belt unbuckled, just for the hell of it.

Yep, we are definitely not in Massachusetts anymore, Toto.