Sunday, April 06, 2008

Not the Way I Wanted to Start My Morning

Film legend Charlton Heston dead at 84

Excerpt:

In June 1998, Heston was elected president of the National Rifle Association, for which he had posed for ads holding a rifle. He delivered a jab at then-President Clinton, saying, "America doesn't trust you with our 21-year-old daughters, and we sure, Lord, don't trust you with our guns."


I wasn't going to quote that paragraph from the linked AP story, because I didn't want anyone to think I was politicizing his passing. Think what you will. The man was speaking the truth.

Side note: Do you think that if Hillary Clinton had the Democrat nomination wrapped up today that anyone at the AP would be all that interested in illustrating further the level of trust that the country's gun owners have for her and her husband?

UPDATE: Predictable reaction form the purveyors of anger, hate, and intolerance, known as leftist Democrats.