Question of the Day
8-year-old suspended for sniffing marker
WESTMINSTER – Adams School District 50 is defending its decision to punish a third grader for sniffing a Sharpie marker.
Eight-year-old Eathan Harris was originally suspended from Harris Park Elementary School for three days. Principal Chris Benisch reduced the suspension to one day after complaints from Harris' parents.
In his letter suspending the child, Benisch wrote that smelling the marker fumes could cause the boy to "become intoxicated."
A toxicologist with the Rocky Mountain Poison Control Center says that claim is nearly impossible.
Dr. Eric Lavonas says non-toxic markers like Sharpies, while pungent-smelling, cannot be used to get high.
Adams County School District 50 leaders were unfazed by the poison control center's medical opinion.
But, let a bunch of bureaucrats in white coats with the letters M.D. after their names start pontificating on the evils of lawful, private gun ownership, and it's raining bloody Gospel.
(link via 'calsdad' at NES Forum)