Friday, August 29, 2008

Not Too Crazy, If You Ask Me

Jim Geraghty at The Campaign Spot makes a Crazy Prediction:

Picture this scenario...

One month from now, the Palin pick has proven a bonanza for the McCain campaign. A large chunk of Hillary's 18 million voters have been won over. Conservatives are unified and energized, and the previously-undiscovered "Maxim magazine vote" is suddenly giving McCain large margins among young males.

Joe Biden will disappear from the campaign trail, and we will later learn it was to see a doctor. A previously-undiscovered, vaguely ominous health issue will be discovered, and Biden will sadly announce that he cannot continue as Obama's running mate. With a sudden need for a new one, Obama will turn... to Hillary Clinton.

Call it the Torricelli gambit.


I say it's not all that crazy or far-fetched in that I said the exact same thing (adding, of course, that Biden would say it's "for the children") earlier this morning while on the phone with this guy.

While that prediction is a bit of a longshot (though, I could totally see it happening), this one's likely a sure bet.

You read it here first.

The victim card is coming.

If I had to say when, I'd say it shows up within a week of the conclusion of the GOP convention.

I'd even go so far as to predict that as part of the shameless ploy, Michelle Obama will be "caught on camera" shedding a tear or two. It worked for Hillary in New Hampshire, and I can't say I've ever accused the Obama camp of being capable of producing anything resembling original ideas.