Friday, November 18, 2005

What? No Mini-Bar?

Sorry for the light (OK, non-existent) posting today. To make up for it, here's a little something to bet your blood boiling blood as we get ready to kick off the weekend.

As if it wasn't enough of a disgrace to read about this fucknut over the last couple of days...

The Saudi prince who was sentenced to a posh Martha'’s Vineyard prison yesterday for mowing down a Cambridge father while driving an SUV had ducked serious motor vehicle charges twice prior to the accident.


...we now learn more about the so-called prison where he'll be doing his time.

His lawyers asked for, and received, a tour of the Dukes County Jail and House of Correction. The jail is a handsome clapboard house built in 1873 and ringed by a white picket fence.

The wind carries a sweet sea breeze to the prison yard, which boasts a full weight set that Al-Saud, 23, can use to bulk up his frame.

Inmates can take in the brilliant sunsets from their windows – which are framed with wooden shutters and decorated with understated iron bars. Cons wear their own clothes and can order their food from an in-house chef, said former inmate Alan Thistle, 53.

Cells are outfitted with 13-inch, remote-controlled cable TVs that inmates can hook up Nintendo game systems to, Thistle said.

"I got better treatment in there than I do at some hotels. I'’m telling you, it was picturesque," said Thistle, who served an 18-month sentence on drug charges.

"It was better than a B&B," Thistle said. "My friends asked me why I wanted to leave."


As far as I know, I still have to write a check to Comcast every month for my cable TV. Never let it be said the Commonwealth coddles its criminals, eh?

The Dukes County Jail and House of Correction
On Martha's Vineyard (courtesy: Dukes County)


Poor widdle baby.

I hope the little fucker's thumbs get all cramped up from playing too much Nintendo. That'll teach him!