Sunday, October 22, 2006

Another MA Population Loss On the Horizon

It is with nothing resembling even the slightest tinge of sadness or sorrow that I can tell you all tonight that I have been offered, and have accepted, a job up in the beautiful "Live Free or Die" state of New Hampshire.

In other words..

And don't any of you try to talk me out of it.

(chuckle)

I'm done twiddling my thumbs, bitchin' about it. I'm taking my family, my guns, and my tax dollars (and, oh yeah, my Beavis bobblehead) off of this sinking ship and heading north to cast new roots in the fertile soil of freedom and personal responsibility. My final vote as a Massachusetts resident will be in the form of one big-ass moving van.

We are putting the second of our two condominiums on the market this week, and hope to be relocated in time to have the east coast relations over for Christmas dinner in the new house.

Yes, someday in the not-so-distant future, I'll be able to drive an uninsured vehicle, without my seatbelt on, to a gas station, and buy a six-pack of beer, while openly wearing an unlicensed handgun on my hip (not to mention the five-dollar, plastic Tom Reilly Memorial Slingshot I'll have tucked away in my back pocket), and not be in violation of at least five state laws, if I so choose.

So, to all my "progressive" and left-leaning friends and readers, I'll say this. Your bluest of blue states stands to get a shade or two bluer, by default, in the not-so-distant future.

You're welcome.

"But, what of the fate of mAss Backwards?", you ask?

Good question.

I had thought about handing the reins over to another local blogger, once I take my final step over the state line, or transforming this into a group blog of sorts. But, this ship has always been sailed by a one-man crew, so I'm taking her with me.

That's not to say I'm necessarily pulling the proverbial plug anytime soon. Au contraire, mes freres! Like I could just shut up and walk away? Surely, you jest have spent too many hours in close proximity to industrial-strength shoe adhesive.

In other words, we shall see.

In the meantime, keep checking in here for your daily dose of rants, ravings, pop quizzes, and dead equine flagellations from yours truly. Future updates on our move to Free America, and on the future of this site will posted as they come to light. As always, stay tuned.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to pour myself another MacAllan.