Friday, January 12, 2007

A Hero Goes to Hollywood

Well, OK, Burbank...close enough.

The New Hampshire Union Leader is reporting today (sorry, no link - print edition only) that John and Margaret Ragonese (click here if you haven't been paying attention) will be appearing on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno this coming Tuesday.

I just hope Leno treats them with the respect they deserve, and doesn't do anything to portray them as a couple "vigilantes". He'll probably do right by them. I'm just glad they're not taking their story onto the set of The View.

From the article:

After the Ragoneses' story was spotted by an NBC booker, the pair were invited to Burbank, Calif., where Leno is broadcast, NBC said.

"They'll be treated just like all of our celebrity guests," said Tracy St. Pierre, a spokesman for NBC. The Ragoneses were in sweaters, overcoats and scarves while working late last night at their center city storefront.

"When I got the call, I was absolutely flabbergasted. I was excited, I didn't believe him," Mrs. Ragonese said.

Leno wants Ragonese to bring his baseball bat, as well as the Boston Red Sox ball cap that he wears. The 5-foot, 4-inch Ragonese expects he'll have to demonstrate his bat-wielding abilities.

"Anybody jeopardizes your life and your wellbeing, I think you're going to defend yourself - instantaneously and automatically," he said.


Amen to that.