Friday, April 08, 2005

Beer Blogging

As you may or may not know, the only quasi-resolution I made after the New Year was to try to buy a different kind of beer each and every time I visit one of my friendly local liquor stores. Though, the Guinness still makes its way through my front door somehow.

Being a major hophead, I've now had the good fortune to try several excellent IPA's from some fine New England breweries - the last three being, Magic Hat Hi.P.A. (S. Burlington, VT), Wachusett IPA (Westminster, MA), and Smuttynose IPA (Portsmouth, NH). Follow the links to learn more about these superbly crafted ales.

FWIW, I give the nod to the Smuttynose, of the three listed here - hands down, the best of the lot. As if I need another reason to want to move to New Hampshire. If you like your beer with a healthy, hoppy bite, do yourself a favor and pick some up today, or tomorrow, or the day after, or...

From the Smuttynose website:

The beer itself is light bodied and crisp with a golden color that will throw a slight haze, as we bottle it unfiltered. At 65 IBU's, this is definitely not a training-wheels IPA, but is meant for hop lovers looking to satisfy their craving in a way that's not easy to find. We think they'll be quite pleased.


Mmmmm...hoppy, unfiltered goodness.[/homer]