Sunday, September 24, 2006

Swift Justice (of the Karmic Variety)

If this story doesn't put a smile on your face, five miles wide, I don't want to know you. On account of the write-up I linked to being somewhat disjointed (Who opens a joke with the punchline?), I've cut n' pasted the highlights here in the order in which they shoud be presented to the reader

[The homeowner]Tom Miller, his wife and children were shocked when they walked into their home and found it had been ransacked and their prized possessions had been stolen.

"My wife was shaken up really bad, my youngest daughter was really shaken up about the whole situation," Miller said. "She doesn't want to be in the house anymore."

[snip]

"They just tried to take anything that had a monetary value, and took the weapons too," Miller said.

The burglars broke in through a back bedroom window and stole guns, a knife collection, old currency and even a bottle of wine. Miller said the burglars wrote "This is ours" on this wall, and took their frustration out on his dog.

"They hit her around the right side of her face, and her eye was a little swollen," Miller said.


So they broke into and vadalized family's home, stole their valuables, and beat their dog. Nothing funny about any of that. But, now, for the punchline.

A Flour Bluff teen, 16-year-old Allen Smith, who accidentally shot himself with a 38-caliber gun Thursday, is believed to have gotten the gun from a home he burglarized hours before the accident.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta hit the head before I wet my pants from laughing too hard.