Monday, February 19, 2007

Reader Assistance Requested

Given the recent demise of the Scott Allen Miller Show on WRKO, and the exceedingly high levels of suckage and asshatitude that replaced it, in the form of Finneran's Forum, I am looking for new options for my morning drivetime listening pleasure.

The way I see it, I've got two options - listen to CD's, or find a local station with an entertaining morning line-up. Rock 101 and the "Morning Buzz", or whatever they call it, isn't doing the trick for me.

I've taken the 10-disc CD changer magazine out of the cobwebs, and will be loading it up once again. Yeah, I know..."Just get a 3,000 GB iPod and you can listen to every CD ever recorded!". That ain't happening.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to recommend to me your top-three "must have" CD's, in any genre, and write a brief review for each, explaining why they kick ass. I'll pick up three of the entries listed, based on your recommendations and reviews, and incorporate them into my drivetime listening rotation.

Mission Alternative:

Recommend a decent radio station 'round these parts (NH Seacoast to Manchester) to listen to in the morning.

And, no, Don Imus is not an acceptable answer. I'd rather listen to a ________ (insert any word of phrase having to do with dead trees).